About IEL: The Institute for Educational Leadership (IEL) is a national expert in community-driven leadership development in the intersecting areas of education, health, and employment. The common thread in our work is supporting community and institutional leaders as they build systems around racial, disability inclusion, and economic equity goals. Our 59-year journey and experiences have resulted in approaches, tools, and practices that reflect the needs of leaders no matter where they sit in communities. The authentic relationships that we build in the process shape the way we engage community leaders, do our work, and provide the foundation for deeper impact as we continue to address systemic challenges in the 400 plus communities that trust us as partners, especially during this unprecedented time in history.
Our Work: IEL’s mission is to strengthen and bring together diverse leaders and constituencies to improve outcomes for children, youth, adults, and families. IEL’s vision is a society that uses all of its resources to effectively provide opportunities for all individuals to learn, lead and contribute to our democracy.
IEL is seeking an experienced Event Assistant to assist the Event Manager with the planning and execution of its national conference, taking place June 7-9, 2023, in Philadelphia, PA.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure the accuracy and functionality of the CVENT registration system and event website.
- Assist Event Manager with processing invoices.
- Provide customer service and vendor communications (e.g., venue AV, catering).
- Assist in the preparation of pre-event materials and printing (such as program book, name. badges, signs, table tents, schedules, ordering conference supplies).
- Perform other event planning and connected logistical support duties as assigned.
- Ability and availability to work full time during the conference, June 7-9, 2023, starting at 7am through 7pm
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Can-do attitude and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Documented capacity to work effectively as a team member
- Experience with various software packages: Microsoft Office, CVENT, some experience with web-related software preferred. CVENT experience is a plus.
Application Deadline: March 17, 2023, or until filled.
Hours: Part time, flexible hours. 9-5PM ET Preferred. (Outside of the required on-site hours during the event)
Compensation: $20-25 per hour, depending on experience.
Contract time frame: March 2023- June 30, 2023
To apply: Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “IEL Event Assistant” as the subject line.
IEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status or disabled veterans’ status. IEL is implementing a diversity and supported inclusion strategy and is actively and intentionally encouraging applicants of color and individuals with disabilities to apply.